Powered By Blogger

! WELCOME !

Welcome to my Blog! Please enjoy your visit!

Monday, March 29, 2010

An interview with Akon

Me: Do you often visit your friends and family in Senegal?

Akon: Yeah, about 5 times a year. I visit my old friends that I had from when I was a child.

Me: What do you do during your visits?

Akon: I sing to them some of my songs and I always give donations to the African Community.

Me: What inspires you to create your music?

Akon: There are many things that inspire me. What inspires me the most is the love that I share between my wife and kids.

Me: Why do some of your songs start by a sound of jail doors shutting?

Akon: I went to jail a long time ago and, during that time, I learned a lot about life and I dedicate that sound to the memory that I will always have with me.

Me: Why did you choose “Akon” as your singer name?

Akon: I had to choose either “Aliaune”, “Badara”, “Akon” or “Thiam”. I asked my friends about that and they said that “Akon” is the coolest.

Me: Did you ever want to form a “rap band”?

Akon: I am more of a one person singer but I sometimes feature songs with other singers.

Me: I heard that your new album will soon come out in stores. Are you currently working on it?

Akon: I started that album a couple of months ago, after I met with David Guetta, my current producer. The album is almost finished; there are some adjustments to make.

Me: Will you add something new in that album? Perhaps some new beats?

Akon: I can’t say much but I can say that there absolutely will be something amazing.

Me: On what do you normally spend the money that you get from the studio?

Akon: Mostly what I buy is cars and houses for myself and my family. But I always donate to the African Community.

Me: Once again, will you be in the top best R&B singers in the world?

Akon: If my fans adore the music that I made, then they will adore even more the music that will soon appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment